Fishency accepted into the Katapult Ocean Accelerator
We are proud to announce that Fishency Innovation have been accepted into the Katapult Ocean Accelerator. Katapult Ocean helps build and scale profitable businesses with a positive impact on the oceans. We have been selected as one of eleven global companies to participate in the first accelerator batch taking place in Oslo from January 14th to April 8th. In the selection process Katapult Ocean had a pipeline with more than 500 startups to select from. “We are very proud to be part of this exciting program led by a very professional and inspiring team. We will have a chance to show how Fishency want to contribute, together with the aquaculture industry, to develop sustainable solutions to the challenges they have”, said Flavie Gohin, CEO.
«We are proud to have a start-up working on one of the most pressing sustainability issues for salmon farms. Managing the sea lice problem better through use of new technology such as artificial intelligence is key to a more sustainable salmon production», says Maren Hjorth Bauer, CEO and co-founder of Katapult Ocean.
Fishency is excited to attend the Katapult Ocean accelerator program together with these 10 inspiring ocean tech startups:
- Atlan Space: combating illegal fishing through artificially intelligent drones
- Brim Explorer: offering next generation ships for silent, sustainable tourism
- Evoy: eliminating global boating emissions
- Ichtion: designing systems that both generate power and remove plastic pollution from the ocean
- Recyclo: preventing waste reaching the oceans through logistics and an online marketplace for waste trading
- RemoraXYZ: enabling you to trace that your dinner has been fished sustainably
- ShipReality: speeding up the green shipping revolution through mixed reality
- SubseaX: taking you underwater with a click of a button
- Undersee: facilitating intelligent collection of ocean data
- The Ocean Bottle: empowering individuals to stop ocean plastics, with the world most needed reusable bottle.
Katapult Ocean invests in and scales startups with a positive impact on the oceans. The first batch of the Katapult Ocean Accelerator kicked off in January 2019 with 11 leading ocean tech startups from all over the world. The startups will go through a 3-month intense program with a focus on growth, investor readiness, leadership development, exponential tech and introductions to the Norwegian and global ocean tech ecosystem. The sectors covered are transportation, ocean health, harvesting, energy and new frontiers. To support the startups, Katapult Ocean is building a global ecosystem for ocean tech, in addition to creating awareness around the great business opportunities in the blue economy. Katapult Ocean is privately funded. The next round of the Katapult Ocean Accelerator starts fall 2019, and applications are now open.
Fishency: The Fishency team cares about the environment and want to work with fish farmers to ensure that the water quality and the marine ecosystem stays healthy. Fishency Innovation is working on the largest problem that the salmon industry is currently facing: sea lice. The sea lice costs Norwegian fish farmers 15 billion nok per year. Fishency focus on collecting high-quality images of salmon in the cage and using artificial intelligence, we can monitor in real-time sea lice level as well as general fish welfare. Our fully automated solution offers access to reliable data set. We give fish farmers solid decision support to optimize sea lice treatments and improve fish welfare. By using our solution the fish farms will increase their productivity, and gain better insight into how to protect the marine ecosystem and their most valuable resource: fish.
Flavie Gohin, CEO
Maren Hjorth Bauer, CEO